Boss Suggestions

• Boss Drops
    We have recipes and unique items what if you were to introduce unique abilities from killing a prestigious boss. Say we have a summoner class and we kill a prince of demons if this prince had the chance to drop a unique ability for our summoner class for example able to summon a lesser demon such as Zeriok from town to fight for us. Or maybe we kill the spider queen and we could as a mage to cast web which either slows an enemy crossing them, sticks an enemy in place, or blinds them with webbing. However, you then run into the struggle of balancing that with PvP. Essentially making bosses more lucrative. Another option might be unique mounts from bosses.

Boss Drops Continued
    When I’m taking the time to try to gear my character I’d like to know what dungeons offer what kind of drops for the different classes. Say when I do Caves on Insane the boss has a chance to drop a Unique Helm for a champion I’d like to know that when I’m picking my dungeon and not have to grind out every dungeon to try to get the gear I need and hope I picked the right one. The ways this could be implemented could be spin us a tale with lore. Example… You overhear a villager talking about how the local cave has a group of bandits in it and the leader was iron clad in pure darksteel and nobody could pierce his armor not even their best spears. Thus making the players to go hunt down this cave and kill the boss in hopes of gaining this armor. Or don’t and just tell us when selecting the dungeon. However some foreknowledge of what unique items we could get would be nice one way or another.

Bosses
    More unique Bosses would be nice not just enemy types but models as well. Build a story behind them a bit, add in some lore whether that be with the boss room itself or some lore found around the world. More interesting boss mechanics for example the packmaster bosses if you kill the master before the pet the pets then rage. Or just some mechanics that make the boss fight interesting and difficult and not a show of who deals the most damage the fastest and can kite.

• @hanseath said in Boss Suggestions:

Bosses
    More unique Bosses would be nice not just enemy types but models as well. Build a story behind them a bit, add in some lore whether that be with the boss room itself or some lore found around the world. More interesting boss mechanics for example the packmaster bosses if you kill the master before the pet the pets then rage. Or just some mechanics that make the boss fight interesting and difficult and not a show of who deals the most damage the fastest and can kite.

This is a good idea. There are a lot of classic old school games that had some interesting boss mechanics, one of my favorite obscure PS2 Japanese-themed action games from back in the day was "Blood Will Tell" and they had a lot of interesting boss battles
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yyi3qhivyFA
    Go to 40 minutes in that video, there's a cool boss in the side of a mountain, where you have to chip away at the "rock armor" before you can do any damage to him, and on stage 2 only damage when the eye is open.
    Maybe have a similar boss out in the overworld mountain area, or this boss is inside of a cave area he can be in a giant cavern wall.

• Bosses will be getting upgraded at some point.

As for drops, basically besides weapons, the same slots drop for all classes within a dungeon. So if Caves drops a helm, it drops 4 helms, one for each setup (tank, melee, ranged, caster).