Patch 40

• Dusted off the Rogue and ran through a few insane Lavas and decided to jot down some thoughts:

• Caco's need larger hit boxes. Why is it that when I use Phase Port on a Caco it teleports me and stuns it, but places me too far away to attack it? How come when I use Mortal Strike on a Caco it lifts me up off the ground? You can test it. I get knocked up by a Caco. While in the air I Port to it. It gets stun. I swing and hit it once, then my attacks don't register and I have to move forward to continue hitting it.

• Why am I so annoyed by the constant roots from archers and hamstrings from rogues? Is it really necessary for me to be rooted or slowed every single pack? And Blind is the single most annoying thing in the game. You know what I do for blind? I raise my shield and wait for it to end. Super lame.

• Directional attacking doesn't feel good when you're constantly moving forward. An intuitive feel would be that if I begin pressing sideways for a cleave, it should continue to cleave as long as I'm holding the button down. There should be an order of effect, as in Backwards and Sideways before forward. I'm pressing forward to move. I then have to stop moving and repress forward to do an overhead attack. If I want to continually cleave, I hold my attack down and spam sideways. And there is nothing special about dual wield directional attacks over 1h or 2h attacks.

• At the end of my runs, I'm ending up with 2-3 pages of rings, necks, and trinkets I can't salvage, and the cooldown on the imp is too long to regularly sell them. Something should be down to allow you to break those items down into something at a forge. Also, there is nothing more annoying than having full bags, not having run into a forge, imp is on cooldown, and you're forced to delete items one by one. It would be better if I could continue to pick up materials, such as remnants, even after my bags are full, but I can't, so I get to stand there and press X, Yes, X, Yes, over and over until I find a forge or my imp comes off cooldown. I've brought this up since day 1, so I don't understand why forges are still an issue.

• After this last patch I'm getting some pretty bad hitches in Lava gain. Sometimes engaging Cacos causes it, other times it seems to happen most often in jumping areas. Also happens every time I switch weapon sets.

• If I'm holding down my attack and use the new dodge, it stops my attacking.

• I want abilities to fire off when I press the button even if I'm holding down my attack.

• Boss cards are messed up. They're giant and only partially shown.

• Mike's inventory mod was causing none of my items to have icons with the inventory open. The crafting mod made about 300 items and then just stopped working. Wasn't able to craft anything and had to log a few times. Then the mod just stopped working and would only make one item.

• @Trup said in Patch 40:

• Mike's inventory mod was causing none of my items to have icons with the inventory open. The crafting mod made about 300 items and then just stopped working. Wasn't able to craft anything and had to log a few times. Then the mod just stopped working and would only make one item.

That sounds like something's getting messed up after really long usage. Did it Start working again after a relog?
    Didn't had the inventory issue by now. Some of the newer Items don't have Icons, but I strongly assume you know that and you have another issue. Can you describe a little more in detail when these issues appear? Do you already have those right after Login?
    P.S. i was not able to test patch 40 myself yet, but I assume that this patch introduced these issues?

• Mike,

I haven't used any of the mods in several patches, so I did a fresh install of everything but the salvage mod. Then I logged in and enabled mods and restarted the game. After I logged back in, I opened my inventory and none of my items had icons. Everything I had equipped and everything in my bags - it was all just blank. So I restarted the game and had the same issue. Switched characters and had the same issue. So then I deleted everything but the crafting mod since all I really need to do was make a few thousand bars and didn't feel like clicking that much. Logged back in and the inventory issue was fixed.

Went over and started crafting my bars. Came back after a few minutes and found that it stopped after making around 300 bars. I would click the craft all button and would get a pink crafting bar over by the default craft button but nothing would get made. So I started do it manually and out of frustration just started spam clicking the craft all, craft 20 and craft 50 buttons. I must have made 50 more bars, one-by-one, clicking these buttons. I would click the button and get 5-6 pink progress bars before making 1 bar. After the 50 more bars, it seemed to start working again, but would only make 20 before stopping.

• So I logged in this morning and decided to make a few thousands potions in prep for the dungeon and item changes and didn't seem to have any problems. Was annoying buying mats one by one, so I'll reinstall the merchant one and see what happens.

• Update: So I installed Merchant Helper and everything as far as buying and crafting worked fine. But now I'm having the icon loading issue, but only while open with a vendor. Everything in my inventory is fine, but while I have a vendor window open, everything they sell and everything in my inventory is missing the icon.