Patch 43 Feedback

• WIP:

• Amarian Racial Bonuses aren't working. If you switch between Human and any other race you can see how the stats change, but they don't change at all with Amarian.
      Human
      Amarian
    • Block doesn't seem to be working. It now does a jab attack. Is this intended?

• I lost close to 80 armor on my gear and I'm getting smashed. Is this because I'm using the old Blacksteel stuff and not the new stuff?

• The spike pit trap doesn't always close. Some of them looked closed, but you fall straight through.

• I've been unable to open the big gold chests. - Updated: So they give loot, they just don't have an animation opening up.

• Ran into a level that didn't load in CotS. Submitted feedback at the empty zone. Same thing in Mirefen.

• Missing Icons - The majority of the grey trash loot is missing icons. Almost all of the amarian stuff I've picked up is missing an icon.

• Wasp corpses slide through the air after you kill them.

• There is so much trash loot now.

• Mirefen needs some forges.

• Thanks Trup,

We are looking into the damage issue. Most of the damage on almost all NPC's were reduced, there may be an issue with the new dungeons however and we are reviewing.

We will update the Amarian racials.

I'm looking into the loot, will update today, htis should be a quick fix. We will look into the loot chests also.

John

• Lava

• Normal - Taking more damage than I used to. Feels like I'm either dealing a lot less damage or the health has been increased a lot. I used to be able to kill a spirit in 2 hits, now it's taking a lot more. I used to hardly take any damage even from packs of guys and am seeming to take more.
    • Advanced - Feels about the same as Normal. Cacos seem to have more health or I'm dealing less damage. The bleed from Cacos (or the bite attack, hard to tell which) is dealing a lot more damage to me than it used to.
    • Hard - Definitely taking more and dealing less. Was getting my ass kicked by 3 rock guys with fireshield up and that never happened. Took much longer to break the shields and was taking a lot more damage than I used to. Caco killed me at 4 stacks of the bleed. Cacos could never kill me before, even on Insane fighting several of them.
    • Nightmare - Getting my ass kicked by skeletons and zombies. Definitely feels changed.
    • Insane - It's impossible for me to kill a spirit now. I can't deal enough damage when I'm not stunned to kill her before she uses regen. This never happened before. The damage didn't feel much different between Nightmare and Insane, but my damage output felt horrible. Took me a long time to break through a fire shield to kill a rock guy.

I think shields might have been changed. The block % has gone down for sure. My shield was 82 and now its 71.

Broken Hideout

• Advanced - Felt good. Was taking damage, but was able to heal just with Lesser Heal the entire time. Took 26 fireballs to kill me.
    • Insane - Got wrecked by an Archer. Loot was still grey, so I'm guessing this is a leveling dungeon.

Mirefen

• Advanced - The first rock pile I looted had a massive ring upgrade for a Ranger. I've never seen another ring with stats that come even close. Overall it felt a little undertuned. Didn't really take much damage early on from the small amarian, to the point I just started ignoring the little ones. Mirefen looks amazing. I just want to run this dungeon. I also found a ranged trinket that was just unreal. Hoping there is something similar with melee.
    • Could really use a forge. On level 6 so far and haven't seen one.

• As the steam forums are overloaded I ll try to address here and update there when we can get in. We have a couple issues with items we are working to sort out. There is an issue with stats on items we are working to fix. Abilities and AI on NPC's we are looking into as well.

• The racial bonuses have been fixed. Thanks.

• @Trup said in Patch 43 Feedback:

Insane - It's impossible for me to kill a spirit now. I can't deal enough damage when I'm not stunned to kill her before she uses regen. This never happened before. The damage didn't feel much different between Nightmare and Insane, but my damage output felt horrible. Took me a long time to break through a fire shield to kill a rock guy.

While I appreciate all of Trup comments and he spends a LOT more time then me on boards, I would like to reply as I play, follow and like this game a lot.

Insane SHOULD be just that... a difficulty level that would be considered INSANE to enter solo and require a group of extremely careful and slow moving players to complete.

Previously, a solo insane lava run with Rizzen was a walk through smashing every mob. Just did Crypt Spider with 5 level 50 in group including three clerics, rogue, wizard on Insane and we did not complete and was difficult to get through (we all wiped on level 3 I think). Was appropriately scaled for Insane difficulty title, in my humble opinion, and I (and others I am sure) would like to see this trend continue.

I would like to see the difficulty trend more where it is now then what it was pre-patch.

And, riding with shield and weapons is still a bit odd with such large arms and gear covering the screen.

• @Thalious-Stormlord

Agree.

Please don't make it easier. Yesterday was really fun, despite the danger.

-- Just tried to craft some weapons. There is no longer a pop-up to tell me what I made. Maybe that was done to eliminate the spam backup. However, now I have to tab over to inventory to see what I made... or make a bunch and then go see.

-- Agree with others, exp gain in various dungeons feels off...dunno whether that is intended, but Spider Crypt exp for PLing seems to go faster than Mirafen. However, that could be because the density of mobs is different.

-- Had a number of crash to desktop this evening with the party as we load into or out of dungeons.

Edit:

-- I really like the Toggle Selection Mode on salvage. Intuitive and easy to use. The boxes and Checks make it easy to double/triple check before you hit salvage.

• I was just doing a quick run of the old stuff to gauge the changes against content I've ran hundreds of times before. I was just pointing out that a spirit isn't dangerous, they just have a combination of health and abilities that make them immortal under certain circumstances.

Tuning still needs to be done though. I'm a well geared champion but was having a hard time performing my roll well in a group mainly because I was dying so quickly. If I could more easily gather up threat on guys I could then use block more to survive a lot of what was killing me, but trying to charge in and get a taunt off often left me dead, but not trying to get taunt off meant the group could get wrecked.

It's closer than it used to be, but could use some more tuning.

• Regarding the spirits in lava on insane, this isn't an issue as there is a built in workaround for non-Clerics vs. spirits. Dispel scrolls.
    If you haven't already, start hoarding the relevant scrolls to supplement the different classes vs. different enemies.

Feedback with a lower level character as I'm progressing.

level 1
    Crows gave insane xp and it took less than 10 minutes to get to level 7

Level 7
    I went into Mirefen to get some loot and in 20 minutes gained less than 1/4 of a level, the xp gain seemed so slow that I went back to killing crows and went from level 7-9 in under 10 minutes.

Level 9
    Crows are super slow now so it's time to play properly.
    Spider Crypt seemed like decent stream of xp.
    Killing EAHMA gave me 3/4 of a level, it took me 3 minutes of hammering though, her armour is nuts.

Level 14
    Crypt Library, 1/4 of a level in 20 minutes, xp gain seemed slow so I went back to Spider Crypt for comparison, also slow so I guess I'm nearing a barrier where I should be doing a different dungeon, or really starting to push deeper into these ones.
    EAHMA is still tanky as heck but it only took 1 minute 20 this time, and also only yielded 1/4 of a level xp.
    Her tank / damage ratio seems a little too far skewed imo.

That's all for now, the adventure continues....

• Additional note: The above character is wearing both cloak and necklace bought from imp.

• Using scrolls as supplemental abilities is fine. Using 100 scrolls to kill all of the spirits in a single run isn't.

• Taking a Cleric along would help with this

• Hi all, regarding the xp gain. Previously there was a bug that made the cloak and necklace way off. If you can let us know a little bit more when you are describing the situation. Meaning, if you are running insane and got 1/4 level for the entire lava dungeon that would be off. Largely many portions of the power leveling situation have been reduced. It should be about 30-40% of what it was. Prior you could PL to 50 in about 4-8 hours depending on timing. You could still do that its just going to take you 3-6 times as long which still isnt very long. We had originally intended going from 1-50 to take about 40-50 hours. Running insane would reduce that amount.

• Regarding scrolls, the non NPC loot drops are a system that is fairly antiquated in regard to the rest of the systems, it doesnt have level or difficulty cycling like NPC's have, one of the first things you will see in Jan is an system where the loot in chests and rock piles, etc scale similar to NPC's. This should alleviate the over abundance or under abundance of items.

• @John My above post was with a cleric playing alone on normal. I was trying to simulate the experience a brand new player with no hand-me-down gear or anything would be getting.

My guess is that the crow's xp value is calculated by whatever the open world difficulty is, as opposed to what a player sets a dungeon to, and as they don't "fight back" it's a very easy low level xp farm for a new character.

This may be intentional, and isn't necessarily a bad thing. Getting a little kick start was actually pretty nice. It just seemed that compared to xp from a normal difficulty dungeon (as I'm un-geared and weak as a kitten) it was OP.

A NEW thing that happened since the patch yesterday is.
    The duration of Blessing of Wisdom changed from 10 minutes to 1 minute.
    I figured this might have been an overhaul to give the skill an aoe, but after testing it in a dungeon with a party, it seems just the same but with 1/10 duration.
    Intentional? Or bug?

• My feedback on experience was based on PLing. Understandable that the length of time as been increased. It does seem to take longer now.

Even so, leveling people in Spider Crypt seems to go faster than Mirafen, both on Insane. That is ok with me if intended.

• CotS is hard. The loot needs to be jacked way up for that place. Hopefully the new crafted stuff helps bump us up to make that place more manageable. It is fun though.

• I seem to have some issues with auto salvaging. It works well for some time but then it stops to respond. This usually happens while salvaging stuff. Suddenly it will stop salvaging and all buttons become unresponsive - except for the 'toggle ...' button which closes and opens the window as expected. I can still manually check and uncheck items while the window is open, but the loot quality buttons don't work. I can also salvage manually after I closed the window.

Has the Cleric been 'adjusted'? The wis buff only lasts for a minute, I ma sure it lasted longer before. Also divine shield drops a lot quicker now. Holy Light seems to be weaker as well.

• @HirnKhan said in Patch 43 Feedback:

I seem to have some issues with auto salvaging. It works well for some time but then it stops to respond. This usually happens while salvaging stuff. Suddenly it will stop salvaging and all buttons become unresponsive - except for the 'toggle ...' button which closes and opens the window as expected. I can still manually check and uncheck items while the window is open, but the loot quality buttons don't work. I can also salvage manually after I closed the window.

I have the same issues.

• I didn't try patch 43 yet, but I am creating new Amarian character on patch 44 and noticed when selecting races before hitting Next, Helga doesn't have any voice or lip movement describing their race. I guess it's not implemented yet?
    Also when hovering over the cards before you roll the dice there is no popup description for CON - or at least I was unable to trigger it.

• Hello all,

Our intent on the leveling curve is that you get to 50 at the fastest in 20-30 hours. If you are doing it in less than this. We think that's fair considering it could be done in four hours prior. We'll take a look at auto salvage when we get back. I ll take a look at ll abilities, cleric included.

Thanks for the notes!

John