Champion Feedback

• Ability Changes:

• Immovable Force - This ability basically makes you invincible. What I would like to see is this changed to a long duration buff that increases all of your defensive properties and lowers your offense properties. I don't care if I do 0 damage, I just want to be durable so that I can properly tank. When this ability is active, I feel like a tank. When it's not, I'm just as soft as everyone else. Something simple like 75% damage reduction at the cost of -75% damage would help a lot.

• Threat - Needs to be greatly increased across the board. I would suggest that if you go with my buff idea that you also tack on a massive threat boost to everything I do, that way it's tied to tanking so that Champs can still function as dps if needed without pulling aggro from another Champ.

• Threat needs to not drop when I'm CC'd. This is a big one. I can't be stunned and lose threat entirely on mobs. Being stunned should place the danger on my group to support me. Right now, the moment I'm stunned its turns into me chasing things down trying to regain threat, often failing miserably.

• Mighty Blow - This just doesn't work like it says it does. Taunt to me means they immediately turn to me, but I can often use mighty blow 3-4 times before they actually get on me. The threat on this just needs to be turned way up. If you want to maintain threat as part of the buff, then remove threat from this entirely and make it do something different. Giving it a 1 second root would be nice utility for a group.

• Blocking - Blocking really makes a difference, but choosing to block or use an ability feels bad because I can't control a pack and use abilities to do so while also gaining the benefit of blocking. Basically I ended up just using Cleave, Mighty Blow, and Bash and blocking when those are on cooldown, which means I'm not using Demons Bane. I would like to see Shield Wall changed into a short duration buff that allows me to basically have my shield raised and gain the benefits of block while also allowing me to be offensive with my abilities. Shield Wall as it is just isn't good right now and has very little use.

• Hand of Judgement - It's cool that it can be used to pull friendly targets, but this aspect basically means I can't pull hostile targets to me and away from my group. Every time I've tried I end up pulling a friendly and not the hostile. Fist of Judgement is counter productive to tanking, so I would like to see Fist of Judgement become a hostile pull. This would allow me to pull guys off my team, or pull my team away from guys.

• Charge - I would like to see this gain a snare or a root so that after I charge something I have enough time to drop some threat down before it runs off towards whatever it's trying to kill.

• @Trup said in Champion Feedback:

• Hand of Judgement - It's cool that it can be used to pull friendly targets, but this aspect basically means I can't pull hostile targets to me and away from my group. Every time I've tried I end up pulling a friendly and not the hostile. >

I'd like the game to warn me if Trup is going to try this 'friendly tug' over the sneaky pit trap so I don't get freaked out or think I have a new cleric skill the first couple of times.

:)

• @Mbenu

Ha, I bet. I was actually using the group to see if I could pull guys into the pit haha.

I really enjoyed that run today. I feel like if I could actually tank well it would make a lot of that content easier. Like those guys that get the shield and sword icon and all go all super mode, being able to have them on me and survive long enough for a Cleric to get off a dispel seems like the right approach to strategy in a game like this.

It felt good to hold several guys while the group healed and took them down, I just don't want those moments tied to a single ability, because the moment it dropped I died and then they just slaughtered everyone.

• Really good feedback. We will review and look into the suggestions.

John

• Wanted to update this since the patch changed some things.

Since armor is much better now, I don't think damage reduction is an issue any longer. All Champions really need is an adjustment to threat generation.

I would prefer some kind of toggled ability that increases threat generation on everything, but really any increase at this point would help. Not dropping threat when CC'd is also a high priority.

A small snare on Charge is still something I would like to see to help lock down mobs that get away from you.