Rogue Feedback

• Rogue's are pretty hard to play in general. But, I decided to try again anyway. Went to the Spider Crypt to discover that opening doors breaks sneak. Really? Isn't that what rogues do?

• maybe you rolled a critical fail , lel. :yum:

• On every door?? My karma must be really, really bad.

• dang , that bad? really? :game_die:

• @Paladine

Yep. Opening chests and doors now breaks rogue sneak.

I would understand having a chance to break, but always??? Not so much...

• Hi Guys,

This has been fixed and will be rolled out in the next patch.

• Rogue's have it easy already, so I see no reason to change this. In fact, opening doors or chest should also poison them and put a 15s hamstring on them.

• @Trup

and auto-change their name to: shouldvebeenacleric

• Imachampwithawfulskills
    Lolihavedetecttrapz
    Unstoppable>roguelolz

• I have to say though that when I swapped over my Champ gear to the rogue and gave him twin axes and activated blade fury it was super awesome for 0 seconds because I was chain stunned and couldn't do anything about it. Then I was rooted.

Lolz

• This one time I was super sneaky and got up behind a dwarf and I was like, oh baby, I'm gonna skewer this hapless little dwarf. Then he blinded me.

Lolz

• I used phase port in crypt and it placed me on the other side of the wall where I fell into the void. Nerf phase port!

Lolz

• Haha, Wizards are super cool when they cast fireshield and I can't break through it. Good thing I had throw dagger.

Lolz

• I used blind on a caco demon and then it punted me into some lava. Good thing I had wall run.

Lolz

• WTB restored faith - paying well , /w paladine if i ever log back in!

jk jk :imp:

• @John said in Rogue Feedback:

Hi Guys,

This has been fixed and will be rolled out in the next patch.

And this patch would be in game, when....????!???!???

• • Wall Run - Needs to be made useful as a movement ability and not a gimmick to get a random chest in caves. I would like to see this changed into a lunge.

• Mortal Strike - The cooldown needs to be greatly reduced and the damage greatly increased. Right now it's only about 2-3 normal swings worth of damage. Maybe a 10s cooldown and it always critically strikes.

• Phase Port - I would like to see this remove roots when used.

• Stealth - Attacks made while stealthed should always deal a critical strike. Would also like to see maybe a short duration armor buff after Stealth breaks.

• Throw Dagger - Still a worthless ability. Would like to see this replaced with some kind of defensive or utility ability. Our biggest problems are we take a lot of damage and are shut down when CC'd.

• @Trup said in Rogue Feedback:

• Wall Run - Needs to be made useful as a movement ability and not a gimmick to get a random chest in caves. I would like to see this changed into a lunge.

• Throw Dagger - Still a worthless ability. Would like to see this replaced with some kind of defensive or utility ability. Our biggest problems are we take a lot of damage and are shut down when CC'd.

From what I played of the Rogue, I didn't find the wall run all successful but in certain situations, like in Prince of Persia the Sands of Time. Maybe it is situational like Trup suggested

Throw Dagger, I use it to spam foes at a distance, but with no cooldown and little damage, it's not too useful.

• I've jumped down into all of the pits in the different cave dungeons and have not been able to wall run out of them. Wall Run has a tendency to send you backwards when you reach an apex so you end up falling back down every time and taking falling damage anyway. Most of the platforms also have wooden platforms or other rock formations around the tops that prevent you from actually getting on top of them.

Throw Dagger is just worthless. Rogues should be able to get on targets reliably, not resort to spamming ranged abilities because there is so much CC in dungeons. Maybe if Throw Dagger was a grapple that worked like Charge I could get behind it. I'd rather have an ability that did that with 0 damage than what we currently have with Throw Dagger.

Dual Wield also needs to be buffed. The only benefit to dual wielding right now is a slight attack speed increase. My shield has nearly the same melee power as my second axe. Directional attacks only attack with one weapon anyway, so there is little benefit right now to dual wielding and that should be corrected.

• @Trup

Imo: Rogues should be able to break snare better than other classes. Maybe even poison.

Stun and sleep might be a different story.

• @Mbenu

Snares aren't quite as bad because you can use Sprint to power through them. Roots are really the issue here. Phase Port clearing roots would help a lot, but that would still leave us vulnerable when port was on cooldown. I pretty much save port just for getting rooted, which probably isn't intended.

Throw Dagger has been replaced with Grapple:
    Grapple - Enter Stealth to close the distance between you and the target. 4s cooldown.

Add in Attacks made from Stealth always crit and now we're talking. Then we would just need a defensive ability and we'd be in a good place.

Detect Traps has been replaced with Blade Turning:
    Blade Turning - Reduces damage taken by 30% for 4 seconds. 10 second cooldown. When Blade Turning Ends you enter Stealth.

They would also need to put through the Stealth change they talked about 6 months ago with mobs not resetting when you stealthed while solo.