Cleric Feedback

• Since I did not see a thread started for this class yet I thought I'd start one. :)

The most important thing I think would help this class as a support/healer to succeed is to have onscreen HUD directional indicators on who needs healing reviving, etc.
    Many times there is so much chaos going on, if someone is down or needs healing or reviving, its hard to see what direction they are when they are off-screen. You can only tell by the team/health indicators on the upper left of the HUD..

I think some other games that do this well are Team Fortress 2 when playing as the Medic, or Plants vs Zombies: Garden Warefare when playing as the Scientist or Sunflower classes. Could something similar be implemented in Kings and Heroes?

• I'd like to see divine shield to be more powerful when wearing cloth armor to make cloth wearing clerics viable

• Thanks for starting it. I have some feedback on clerics from the steam board but if you have any you want to add please update here.

• John, some other thoughts I had (I think posted in the Steam forums too but I cant find the thread) were on the Second Sight spell, I know it is currently buggy at the moment with the camera being inside the NPC model - but also by the time you get within range to use it, you are seen by the NPC anyways so it is pretty useless, I would suggest upping the range on the spell, or maybe change the function of the spell entirely. Perhaps change it where you can actually possess the NPC for a limited time, or instead use it as a means of turning an enemy NPC as friendly for a short time, so he will attack his own allies.

The Holy light spell - I know the AOE radius was recently changed to do more damage and a bit wider (with higher recharge), but the visual effect did not seem to change since launch. I do not seem to use it as often as Smite.
    What about changing the Holy Light to an actually be a light source for in dark areas like the Wizard's light spell?

Divine Shield - Does it only work for projectiles or does it work for melee as well? I was thinking maybe on the higher levels of the spell, there can be a chance to reflect the projectile/damage back at the source so it will do some damage back (in Rogue Legacy there was an item you can craft from the blacksmith with 'Retribution' status that would do 50% damage back to any damage you received from enemies or traps that worked really well).

Blessing of Wisdom - I think it should be permanently applied to your character's spell power, but you should also be able to cast it on allies, maybe with a longer cooldown? Sometimes when i aim to cast it at an ally, it will just cast it on myself instead.

Healing spells - Right now we have Heal, Group Heal, Channel Heal, and Regen
    The Group heal, right now it looks like you need to stand in one place and hold the ability button you have mapped, and it will heal those around you but the description says it sends a blast of holy magic to those around you , which makes me think its an instantaneous spell.
    Channel Heal and Regen: Are they pretty much the same type of spell but one you have to target and heal and the regen you cast once on your target and then it will gradually heal? In this case I think the Regen might be better and have it as a 'fire and forget at your alliy' type spell.

Keeping with the Holy theme or the Cleric, what about adding a 'guardian angel' type spell? You could cast it as a familiar on yourself or on an ally, and it could fly at about shoulder height or so and protect the target by taking its damage & healing, and maybe doing some melee damage as well.

• Hi Gruntled
    @Gruntled-Employee said in Cleric Feedback:

The Holy light spell - I know the AOE radius was recently changed to do more damage and a bit wider (with higher recharge), but the visual effect did not seem to change since launch. I do not seem to use it as often as Smite.
    What about changing the Holy Light to an actually be a light source for in dark areas like the Wizard's light spell?

Smite definatley is the primary damage dealer. Not sure about changing holy light into a light spell, though. Maybe an AoE debuf with the possibility to insta-kill undead?

Divine Shield - Does it only work for projectiles or does it work for melee as well? I was thinking maybe on the higher levels of the spell, there can be a chance to reflect the projectile/damage back at the source so it will do some damage back (in Rogue Legacy there was an item you can craft from the blacksmith with 'Retribution' status that would do 50% damage back to any damage you received from enemies or traps that worked really well).

Divine shield does not work against falling damage. I'd still like it to scale depending on equipment worn. Cloth biggest DR - plate smallest

Blessing of Wisdom - I think it should be permanently applied to your character's spell power, but you should also be able to cast it on allies, maybe with a longer cooldown? Sometimes when i aim to cast it at an ally, it will just cast it on myself instead.

Hmm, something like 'permanently add 5/10/15/20/25% to your wis stat - can be cast on friendly targets (excluding self) for 1.5/5/7.5/10/12.5% ' ?

Healing spells - Right now we have Heal, Group Heal, Channel Heal, and Regen
    The Group heal, right now it looks like you need to stand in one place and hold the ability button you have mapped, and it will heal those around you but the description says it sends a blast of holy magic to those around you , which makes me think its an instantaneous spell.
    Channel Heal and Regen: Are they pretty much the same type of spell but one you have to target and heal and the regen you cast once on your target and then it will gradually heal? In this case I think the Regen might be better and have it as a 'fire and forget at your alliy' type spell.

Keeping with the Holy theme or the Cleric, what about adding a 'guardian angel' type spell? You could cast it as a familiar on yourself or on an ally, and it could fly at about shoulder height or so and protect the target by taking its damage & healing, and maybe doing some melee damage as well.

I suppose familiars and such would be Summoner spells (assuming we'll see summoners) but the angel could be a light source and AoE debuff against undead creatures?